When you make the big decision to get a dog, whether you are buying one from a breeder or adopting one from a dog shelter, it is important to get the right breed for you. Often when people are deciding what kind of dog they want they just base their decision on what the dog looks like or perhaps a breed that they are already familiar with.
There are a few questions you need to ask yourself about the dog you are after:
- Do you want a pedigree dog or a mix breed?
- Have you owned a dog before or will this be the first time?
- How often will you be able to walk your dog?
- How much space do you have in your house and garden?
- What size dog are you looking for?
- Does any one in your household suffer from allergies?